We had our experts take a look at the Grace's Secret Women's Sexy One Shoulder Ponti Gown Mermaid Evening Maxi Party Dress to provide you with the inside scoop on its qualities.
Read our full review below to learn if this is just the right thing for you.
- Available in various sizes
- A high quality piece that is made of polyester, spandex, and elastane, just as described
- Lightweight gown that is comfortable to wear
- It has a flattering design that can flatter a curvy figure
- The hem of the dress has a wonderful flow to it
- One shoulder gown that is sure to turn heads
- There's a low back that is quite flattering as well
- A thoughtful and clear design that makes the dress quite versatile
- Some have had some issues with the dress coming loose in the bust area
- It is a bit thin in the material
The Grace's Secret website looks like a site for an online boutique that sells women's fashionable clothing. I don't know if they just outsourced the design of their website or if they have hired a professional designer. In any case, it couldn't be further from the truth.
As you can see, the pages describe the outfit and make an extravagant amount of claims very quickly: "Sexy One Shoulder Merilla Dress" and "Perfect to Show your Body Curves". This is a clear case of misrepresentation.
The dress is made of 95% Polyester and 5% Spandex. This is not the best choice of fabric if you want to avoid bouncing back and forth like a sock on a couch. In my opinion, I would only consider wearing this dress if I absolutely need to there is absolutely no other way around it.
Though the dress itself is made from a cheap and low-quality fabric, the shipping is in a box that is much too small for the gown, which has significant dimensions.
Considering the amount of contortions the dress will have to go through, the poor packaging is not an effective treatment to keep the dress free from damage. Given enough time to relax, the garment will end up ruined.
Not what you’re looking for? Read our roundup review: The Best Black Wedding Dresses (2021 Reviews)